Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blackrock Athletic Club Award Ceremony

Hi Everyone!

As some of you might know I joined an athletic club in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.  Training is twice a week every week and it takes place in a park close to where I live.  I run with many other women of all ages from 22 to 68.  Every year when the Flora Mini Marathon takes place in Dublin the club holds a race within a race.  This means that when you run in the mini marathon you are also racing again others in your club.  Last night there was an award ceremony honoring all those who placed in the mini marathon for the club.  I did not realize it at the time, but I placed third overall for my division which was the Senior Athletes division.  Last night I was shocked to find out I not only placed, but that I also received an award.  How cool is that?!?!

Isn't the trophy awesome looking?

Paddy and Amanda.  Paddy is one of my coaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment