Sunday, March 6, 2011

UCD Smurfit Graduate Ball.....1920's Style

Hello Hello!!

This past weekend was the annual UCD Smurfit Graduate Ball, and I felt like Cinderella all dressed up in my blue ball gown and silver slippers. It truly was an enchanting night. The ball was held at Killashee House Hotel. The hotel is “set amidst over 200 acres of manicured gardens, with magnificent views over the Wicklow Mountains and Kildare countryside.” The theme for the ball was 1920’s and I can honestly say the university went all out for the decorations. When we arrived at the hotel there was a red carpet for us to walk down with different characters dressed in 1920’s dress to welcome us. Once everyone was in, the characters (flappers and gangsters) went around taking photos with people and staging different acts. There was even a 5 piece band playing….you guessed it, 1920’s music. For dinner we were served a soup, main course, and cheesecake for dessert. After dinner the real fun began. The entertainment for the night was a band called Spring Break. They played all 80’s music and I was in heaven. I LOVE THE 80’S. Always have and always will. The night (or morning) ended around 3am when we got back on to the busses and headed back to Dublin. Oh what a fun night we had!

Love Always,
Amanda

http://www.killasheehouse.com/
That's me!  You cannot see them,
but I have sliver slippers on.
This is what the back of my gown looked like.
Amanda, Paddy, and Niamh

Niamh, Cady, Michael, and Amanda

I told you there were flappers and gansters
all around!
Amanda and Niamh

1 comment:

  1. oh! love it! looks like so much fun!!!! sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete