Sunday, March 27, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!!

Hello my fellow Irishmen!
On St. Patrick’s Day, everyone is Irish.  And for those of you saying, but wait, I am not Irish, well I am telling you differently.  On this day you are!  This year I experienced my first St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin, Ireland.  It was a day of mayhem, excitement, and just plain fun.  I can honestly say I have never seen so many people in one area.  And let me tell you…I also have never seen so many Americans in Ireland at one time.  I met people from all over America in the pubs, that’s right, I said pubs.  I did visit more than one you know.  Hey, it was St. Paddy’s Day after all.  Anyway, back to topic.  People were dressed up in all sorts of costumes and hats.  I even had a bit of face paint on me.  One of the best t-shirts I saw said “Who’s Your Paddy?”  Hilarious, let me tell you!  And remember....What happens in Dublin stays in Dublin.  ;)




On this day I also met up with a friend, Casey, from Youngsville, LA.  We went to middle and high school together and he is now working in London.  He came over for St. Patrick’s Day weekend with some friends and we all spent the day and the next day together having fun and touring the city.



Instead of writing about everything that happened on this crazy day in one paragraph, I have decided to outline my day for you.  Aren't you excited!!

8:00am Wake-up


10:00am A group of us left Proby House for DART station (train) to Dublin City Center. We were all dressed up, some of us in costume, and ready for a fun filled day.




10:30am We arrived in the city center. We then tried to find a spot for the parade which started at 12 noon.  The bad news…..we were too late to really find a spot. The parade route was 1.5 miles long, but all along the route it was five and six people deep. For people like me, vertically challenged, I had to rely on others to take pictures for me. Even when I held my camera above my head to take photos I was too short. Humph…… You might be thinking, but wait, what about the other children who could not see either.  Ooooooh, they could see alright. They were on top of their parent’s shoulders and that was one reason why I could not see. It was all in fun though, and I still got some good pics.

 
2:00pm-12am I met with Casey and two friends who traveled with him to visit Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. From this time on, we went to about 6 pubs, drank Guinness, and sang with all the local bands.  Each pub had live music all night long. We probably would have gone to more pubs, but we were not allowed in a few because they had already reached maximum capacity. Around 11pm going on 12am my day/night ended with all of us thoroughly exhausted.
 



All around, it was a very enjoyable day!

Love Always,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Awww! U got to see Casey! awesome!
    I wish we would've had a parade too
    I also just found out, that Seoul had a Mardi Gras celebration... I was moping around thinking I was missing out & they had Mardi Gras here in the ROK!

    ReplyDelete