Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting Moved In.....

Well, I have finally moved into my place of residence.  I have 5 other housemates, but I have only met two.  They are both from different parts of Canada.  My room is a bit small, but livable.  According to Kieran, my big brother :), I am living in a cell.  All I can say is hey, I am only in the room to sleep.  Before I put up pictures for you I will describe my room.  When you first walk in, there is a bathroom on the right and shelving on the left with a place to hang my clothes.  Walk four steps forward (seriously) and the room becomes a little wider.  On my left is a desk and chair and to my right is my bed.  Right in front of me is a window.  The room is very similar to a hotel room, except cut in half and then in half again for size.  I love it!!  There is a kitchen area with plenty of fridge and cupboard space along with a TV and kitchen table.  The down side..... there is no oven.   The good news.....one of my housemates likes to cook too so we are going to go in for a convection oven.  Oh wait!!  I forgot to tell you about my bathroom!  Think of the smallest closet you have ever seen and that is my bathroom.  And the shower?!?!?! My favorite feature!  All I have is a shower curtain that hangs down to the floor, there is no stopper on the floor to catch the water so I cannot keep anything in the bathroom while I shower or it will get soaked.  I have to admit, I am loving every bit of this.  These are all things one must experience in life and now it my turn.

Love Always,
Amanda


Before

Bed and Window

















Desk, Window, and Part of Bed

















My Long Mirror





















Main Door and Shelving





















The Bathroom!!! From left to right you have sink, toilet, and shower























After









Sadly, there was nothing I could do for the bathroom.  Tomorrow I am going shopping to see if I can find some towels and such to make it look a bit more lived in.  I do not know if that is possible, but I am definitely going to give it a try.












Kitchen


The Kitchen! 
















Sitting Area



Another View of the Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this is priceless. I can tell you are absolutely loving every minute. Kieran is right, it does look a bit like a "cell", but it's your cell (hehehe). Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete